- If 5 men or 9 women can finish a piece of work in 19 days, 3 men and 6 women will do the same work in
(a) 10 days
(b) 12 days
(c) 13 days
(d) 15 days
- 12 men take 36 days to do a work while 12 women complete 3/4th of the same work in 36 days. In how many days 10 men and 8 women together will complete the same work?
(a) 6 days
(b) 12 days
(c) 27 days
(d) Data inadequate
- A man walks at the rate of 5 km/hr for 6 hours and at 4km/hr for 12 hours. The average speed of the man (inkm/hr) is:
- A boy goes to the school with the speed of 3 kmph and returns with the speed of 2 kmph. If he takes 5 hours in all, then the distance (in kms) between the village and the school is:
- A is twice as fast as B and B is thrice as fast as C is. The journey covered by C in 42 minutes will be covered by A in:
(a) 14 min.
(b) 7 min.
(c) 28 min.
(d) 54 min.
- In what ratio must 25% of alcohol be mixed with 50% of alcohol to get a mixture of 40% strength alcohol?
- Two trains 125 metres and 115 metres in length, are running towards each other on parallel lines, one at the rate of 33km/hr and the other at 39km/hr. How much time (in seconds) will they take to pass each other from the moment they meet?
- A sum of money at compound interest will amount to Rs.650 at the end of the second year. The amount of money is
- In three numbers, the first number is double of the second and half of the third. If the average of three numbers is 56, then what is the largest number ?
- A fan is listed at Rs. 1500 with a discount of 20%. What additional discount must be offered to the customer to bring the net price to Rs. 1080 ?
- A man standing on a railway platform observes that a train going in one direction takes 4 seconds to pass him. Another train of same length going in the opposite direction takes 5 seconds to pass him. The time taken (in seconds) by the two trains to cross each other will be:
- A man rows upstream 11 km and downstream 26 km taking 5 hours each time. The velocity of the current is:
(a) 1 km/hr
(b) 1.5 km/hr
(c) 2.5 km/hr
(d) 7.5 km/hr
- A motor boat takes 2 hours to travel a distance of 9 km down the current and it takes 6 hours to travel the same distance against the current. The speed of the boat in still water and that of the current (in km/hr) respectively are:
(a) 3, 1.5
(b) 3, 2
(c) 3.5, 2.5
(d) 3, 1
- The average marks obtained by 22 candidates in an examination are 45. The average marks of the first 10 candidates are 55 and those of the last eleven are 40. The number of marks obtained by the eleventh candidate is
- A shop-keeper sold a sewing machine for Rs. 1,080 at a loss of 10%. At what price should he have sold it so as to gain 10% on it? (Rs.)