SSC JE Electrical Coaching in Chandigarh
SSC JE Electrical Coaching in Chandigarh: SSC is conducting an examination for recruiting Junior Engineers, Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted posts. The Recruitment process will consist of will two stages of written exam – Paper I & Paper II. Paper I will be objective type, computer-based exam. On the other hand, Paper II will be the conventional and subjective type. The first phase of exam i.e Paper I will take place in February 2017. This exam will consist of three papers – Reasoning, General Awareness, and Engineering paper. There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks in Paper I. In the Engineering paper, you have to write the exam from any of the three streams – Civil, Electrical and Mechanical, based on your diploma certificate. To boost your preparation & to give you the idea of exam pattern, we are providing you the detailed SSC JE Syllabus For Electrical exam in this article.
SSC Junior Engineer Eligibility Criteria:
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Junior Engineers (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Quantity Surveying and Contract) Examination required following eligibility conditions.
1.Nationality/Citizenship: A candidate must be either:
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- Age Limit:
(i) 18-27 years for Junior Engineer (Civil & Electrical) in CPWD and Department of Posts
(ii) Not exceeding 30 years for Junior Engineer (Civil) and Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical) in MES
(iii) Up to 32 years for Junior Engineers (Civil & Mechanical) in CWC and Farakka Barrage.
(iv) 18-27 Years for Junior Engineers(Quantity Surveying and Contract) in MES.
(v). Not exceeding 30 years for Junior Engineer (Civil) and Junior Engineer (Electrical &Mechanical) in Border Roads Organisation (BRO) of Ministry of Defence.
Why you Need this Detailed SSC JE Syllabus for Electrical Paper
- Textbook experts have prepared this SSC JE Syllabus For Electrical Paper. They have years of experience in setting papers according to changing exam patterns.
- The topics here are arranged in the order of priority from exam point of view. The most important topics from which maximum numbers of questions are asked in the exam are kept above the less important ones.
- In electrical engineering, all the subject are independent. So, you are free to start your preparation from any subject but it would be better to start in the order given below.
- This list gives you the weight of each topic so that you cover those topics which are more scoring instead of giving more time to less scoring topics.
Let us now discuss the detailed SSC JE Syllabus For Electrical exam along with its exam pattern. In this article you will come to know about exam weight, marks distribution, topics, sub-topics, etc. for different subjects.
Topics for SSC JE Syllabus for Electrical Exam:
1) Basic Network:
- Weight:30 – 35 Questions.
- Mostly Numerical Asked, Requires Practice, Time taking.
- Question Types/ Sub Topics: Concepts of Resistance, Inductance, Capacitance and various factors affecting them. Concepts of Current, Voltage, Power, Energy and their units.
Circuit law: Kirchhoff‘s law, Simple Circuit solution using network theorems. Magnetically coupled circuits, AC.
Fundamentals: Instantaneous, peak, R.M.S. and average values of alternating waves, Representation of sinusoidal waveform, simple series and parallel AC Circuits consisting of R.L. and C, Resonance, star and delta connection, a sinusoidal response of R-Land R-C circuit.
2) Electrical Machines :
- Weight:25 – 30 Questions.
- Extensively Theoretical, Moderate Accuracy Possible.
- Question Types/ Sub Topics: DC Generators, DC Motors, the Parallel operation of transformers, Auto Transformers. Synchronous Motors, Induction Motors, the arallel operation of alternators.
3) Basic Electronics :
- Weightage:10 – 15 Questions.
- Theoretical, Need to understand the Working principle of each Device, Moderate Accuracy.
- Question Types/ Sub Topics: Working of various electronic devices P-N Junction Diodes. Transistors (NPN and PNP type), BJT, JFET and MOSFETs, Op-amps. Oscillators and Feedback Amplifiers, Frequency Response. Optical devices and Simple circuits using these devices.
4) Power Systems :
- Weightage:10 – 15 Questions
- Moderately Time Consuming, Moderate Accuracy Possible.
- Question Types/ Sub Topics: Economics of Power Generation, Power Factor Improvement, Power System Protection, Transmission Lines, Power Generator Stations, Power Distribution System.
5) Measurement & Measuring Instruments :
- Weightage:10 – 15 Questions.
- The ratio of numerical & theoretical questions is 50:50, Moderately Time Consuming.
- Question Types/ Sub Topics: Error Analysis, Measurement of power using 2 Watt meter, AC Bridges, PMMC & PMMI Instruments.
This SSC JE Syllabus 2016 will help you in preparing your study plan & give you an idea of what the actual exam paper will look like. If you want to add anything more to this article, then do let us know by commenting.
We at gurukul vidya institute provide feathers of knowledge and wisdom with a flight of polished sources to our students so that they could touch the sky of success because we believe and trust in the calibre of our students and that only the sky is there limit.
Gurukul Vidya Institute, a platform for aspirants to learn basics, understand subject in real world, boost confidence and to become leader, has started its services in chandigarh.
- We Started Lots of New Methodology to Save Money and time.
- We observed that Every students has own ways of learning, we Mixed whole concept.
- After our Great technique and Methodology, We Never Looked Back.
We work on the principle of “Discipline with right approach, clarity of goals, zeal to have knowledge”. Our institute has earned a good fame for its incomparable study approach.